World Champion Quadriplegic Surfer, Jesse Billauer, Shares His Love of Surfing with Others at National Events
Jesse Billauer is known for being one of the top 100 junior surfers in the world, sustaining a paralyzing accident which rendered him a quadriplegic, and coming back stronger than ever – creating a big life for himself and countless others living with paralysis.
Though surfing caused the injury that nearly cost Jesse his life, he recovered and eventually returned to the sport he loved. Collaborating with surf companies, he pioneered the industry of adaptive surf equipment and made his way back to the waves. In 2015, he won gold for Team USA, becoming the first-ever World Champion of Adaptive Surfing, and in 2016, he was named one of the seven most inspirational and influential surfers on the planet.
Jesse began a career in the motivational speaking and has keynoted hundreds of events, ranging from global corporations to elementary schools. He started the Life Rolls On Foundation, which hosts skate and surf events throughout the year and around the country, continuing to help thousands of adults and children find new freedom with their wheels or on the waves. He’s the proud owner of a BraunAbility MXV, which can be seen at every Life Rolls On event around the country. In 2015, BraunAbility received the Life Rolls On Freedom Award for our company’s dedication to bringing freedom to the disability community.
In the words of Jesse, "Just remember this ... your power is in your perspective, not your circumstance. No matter what you're going through, I'm here to tell you, you got this."
Due to structural changes on the chassis, BraunAbility is no longer to convert the Ford Explorer. If you are an owner of a BraunAbility Ford Explorer, our dealers will continue to service these vehicles and parts are still available. Still looking for an accessible SUV? BraunAbility just announced our latest SUV conversion, this time on the Chevrolet Traverse
Other Owner Stories:
- Barbara's New Rampvan: Taking Delivery
- 309,000 Miles of Reliability
- Christmas for a Hurting Family - A Wheelchair Van
- Wheelchair Van Reliability Gets a Real World Test
- Wheelchair Marathoning: 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 weeks
- Wheelchair Van Donation Changes Kentucky Family's Lives
- A Rampvan for a Pharmacist and Her Service Dogs
- "Praise the Lowered?" Absolutely!
- Wheelchair Van Funding: Patience and Persistence Pay Off
- Paralyzed Coach Receives Wheelchair Van at Halftime
- Life Happens Together, Just Ask Lauren Gross
- Lacrosse Team Scores Big for a Deserving Family
- In the Company of Saints
- Restoring Freedom For Loyal BraunAbility Customer
- Family with Three Wheelchair Users Gets First Accessible Van
- Driving Freedom For a BraunAbility Customer
- First Entervan XT Owner is eXTra happy!
- Bravo for Brian and his Spirit of Ability
- Braun's Favorite Newlywed Shares Spinal Rehab Experience
- Active Quad Embraces Life
- Antonio Dowels, Local Hero, Receives His Van
- Josh Fugate's Owner Story
- Adam Gorlitsky
- Wheelchair Accessible Van is the Answer to Grandparents' Prayers
- Wheelchair Vans: Five and Counting!
- Zach Anner
- Young Customer Gives BraunAbility an A+ Grade
- Sam Schmidt: Mobility Visionary and Real-Life Superman
- Sam Schmidt to Help Unveil New Hand and Foot-Free Corvette
- Reveca Torres
- Third Spirit of Ability Recipient Honored in Toronto
- Tom Turner's More Than 30 Years of Friendship
- Spirit of Ability Winner Triumphs over SCI
- The Truth About Living with a Rare Disease
- Travis Roy
- Fishing and Wheelchair Vans
- Robin Allen
- Rachelle Chapman
- My Road to Driving Independence
- Mother With a Disability Finds Hope in Two Disabled Sons
- Meet Spirit of Ability Award Winner Barry Munro
- Neural Prosthetics Got Her On Her Feet Again
- Mike Delancey
- Jason Gerling, The Wheelchair Drummer: Part 2
- Jason Gerling, The Wheelchair Drummer: Part 1