Last Revised: July 20, 2020
The controller for purposes of this policy is The Braun Corporation, 631 W. 11th St., Winamac,IN 46996.
- What personal information, as defined below, is collected from you through the websites, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- How you can request access to, correct any inaccuracies in, or request deletion of the personal information collected.
You can browse the websites without providing us any personal information. Personal information is any information that can be used to individually identify you from a larger group, such as data including, but not limited to, your:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Mailing address
- Comments or messages provided in free text boxes
However, if you want to use certain features of the websites, you may be asked to provide certain personal information so that we can respond to your request or provide you information. For example, BraunAbility may collect personal information from you when you make use of the following services:
- Newsletters and Marketing Promotions: You can sign up for our newsletter and/or to receive marketing promotions by providing us your name and email address.
- Chat: You can use our chat service to inquire about products and services. We may collect your name, email, and other contact information in order to respond to your inquiries.
- Email or Text Inquiries: If you email or text regarding our product services, we may collect your name, address, email address, and cell phone number along with information that can assist us in determining the right product for you.
- Surveys: From time to time, we may request users or customers to complete surveys on our websites regarding their experience using the websites and our products. These surveys may request certain personal information such as name, email, product needs and other demographic data. The information is used to improve our products and services. Such surveys are completely voluntary.
- Job Applications: You can apply for a job with Braun through the websites. Our online job application requests your name, address, email, resident and cell phone number, ethnicity, age, whether you have been convicted of a crime, educational background, military experience, persons you know working at Braun, prior positions applied for, your employment history, and whether you have any disabilities. This information is used by Braun to process your job application.
- Lead Forms and Downloads: If you fill out a lead form on our website or wish to download content from one of our websites, we may request your name, email address, phone number, address, or zip code.
We will use the personal information we collect from you in accordance with this policy.
We may also collect certain information from you automatically whenever you visit the websites. For example, we may collect your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address (which can allow us to identify your zip code); your mobile device ID; the length of time you visit our websites; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our websites. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your username, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Our Use of Your Information
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We use your information to respond to inquiries, to provide products and services to you, and to process and fulfill orders. For example, if you provide us with your name and email address and tell us that you purchased a certain model of a BraunAbility vehicle that you are having problems with, we will use that information to respond to you to address those problems.
We use your information to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our websites.
We use your information to better understand how users access and use our websites, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our websites and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
Where required by applicable law, we rely on a number of legal grounds for the processing of your personal information. For example, we may collect personal information as necessary for the performance of a contract you and BraunAbility are a party to, or in order for BraunAbility to take steps, at your request, prior to entering into a contract, such as the purchase of our products and services or the processing of warranty claims. BraunAbility is not able to
provide our services and products according to contracts unless you provide us with necessary personal information.
We may also process your information if we have received your consent, in response to requests from you or for the legitimate interest of BraunAbility, such as for marketing purposes or to otherwise inform you of our business operations, and to improve our products and services and websites. Please note that if we rely on consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time, but such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the withdrawal. These grounds are applicable to job applicants, customers and potential customers, our business partners, distributors, and suppliers.
How We Share Your Information
Job application information is shared with our human resources departments and hiring managers within the department or division for which you have applied.
If required by law, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies or government or regulatory bodies. We may also disclose your personal information if necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights of others, or in response to legal process.
We may also share your data with other companies in the BraunAbility group, such as owners and subsidiaries, and with our partners and dealers, in order to fulfill requests from you—for example, to refer you to a dealer in your country, or in order to fulfill our contractual obligations with you. We may also disclose your personal information to the same category of recipients to fulfill our undertakings in a business relationship. Should we sell or transfer all or part of our assets to a third party, we reserve the right to transfer your necessary personal information as well, and we will make reasonable efforts to provide you with advance notification of such a transfer.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may contact us about the personal information that we have collected from you, via the email address or phone number given on our websites. When you contact us, you can:
- Learn what data we have collected about you from our websites.
- Change or correct any website data we hold about you.
- Opt out of any marketing emails that we send to you.
- Erase your personal information from our records, in the event grounds for erasure applies according to applicable privacy law.
- Restrict our processing of personal information, in the event grounds for such restriction applies according to applicable privacy law.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a commonly used and machine-readable format, if you have the right to such data according to applicable privacy law.
For your protection, we will ask you for proof of your identity before making your personal information available to you. We may have to keep certain information required by law and/or for our own legitimate business purposes.
Our websites may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our websites and to read the
privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information. Additionally, our website may link to RouteOne, a trusted third-party partner that sometimes works with BraunAbility Finance to facilitate and process financing applications for BraunAbility products.
No Use by Children
BraunAbility’s websites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We will never knowingly collect information directly from children under the age of 18 without verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of
18, you may not use the websites, and please do not provide us with information of any kind whatsoever. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 18 and has submitted information to the websites without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files and deactivate his or her account. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from a child under the age of 18, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
United States Operation
For Visitors in the European Union (“EU”)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, or “GDPR”), individuals in the EU are afforded specific rights with respect to their personal information, or “personal data” as defined under the GDPR. For the purposes of this Policy, BraunAbility operates as a data controller. Any personal data we collect from you is processed in the United States and under the terms of this Policy.
Any personal data we collect from you is processed in the legitimate interest of our business and providing our services to you as the lawful means of such processing. You may always withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data as described below. We will only retain your personal data for the time necessary to provide you the information and services to which you have consented, to comply with the law and in accordance with your rights below.
The Data Controller is:
NAME: The Braun Corporation
ADDRESS: 631 W. 11th Street, Winamac, IN 46996
EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
You can exercise any of the following rights, subject to verification of your identity, by notifying us as described below:
- Access. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the personal data our websites’ databases currently contain.
- Automated Processing and Decision-Making. You may email us at email@example.com to request that we stop using your personal data for automated processing, such as profiling. In your email, please explain how you wish us to restrict automated processing of your personal data. When such restrictions are not possible, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this policy, to include withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data.
- Correction or Rectification. You can correct what personal data our websites’ database currently contains by accessing your account directly, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we correct or rectify any personal data that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause information to be incorrect. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Restrict Processing. When applicable, you may restrict the processing of your personal data by submitting a request via email to email@example.com. In your email, please explain how you wish us to restrict processing of your personal data. When such restrictions are not possible, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this policy, to include withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Object to Processing. When applicable, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by submitting a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When such objections are not possible, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this policy, to include withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your personal data. You may submit a request via email to email@example.com. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this policy, to include withdrawing your consent. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with any trusted third parties.
- Withdraw Consent. At any time, you may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data through this Website by notifying us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Using the same email address associated with your Website account, simply type the words “WITHDRAW CONSENT” in the subject line of your email. Upon receipt of such a withdrawal of consent, we will confirm receipt and proceed to stop processing your personal data. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Erasure. If you should wish to cease use of our websites and have your personal data deleted from our websites, then you may submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com. Upon receipt of such a request for erasure, we will confirm receipt and will confirm once your personal data has been deleted. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Submit Complaints or Questions. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us as described below. If you reside in a European Union member state, you may also lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country.
Ongoing Processing and Retention of Your Information
We will process your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with an existing and binding legal contract between BraunAbility and you, or to comply with the law. We will further process your data for the period of time in which BraunAbility has a legitimate interest to process your data, and this interest outweighs your interest or fundamental rights and freedoms, for the purposes of marketing and information of our business operations, or until you inform us according to your rights above. If you have previously given consent to us to process your personal information, we will delete the relevant information upon notification of your withdrawal of that consent.
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, we will not disclose or share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
Other than as disclosed in this policy, the websites do not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the websites do not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your internet web browser.
If you are a California consumer, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, you may be afforded additional rights with respect to your “Personal Information” as that term is explicitly defined under California law. Any Personal Information we collect is collected for the commercial purpose of effectively providing our services to you, as well as enabling you to learn more about, and benefit from, our services. You may exercise each of your rights as identified below, subject to our verification of your identity.
Access. You may request a copy of the Personal Information our websites’ databases currently contain.
Prohibit Data Sharing. When applicable, you may prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information by submitting a request. In your email, please explain how you wish us to prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information, and which categories of third parties you want to prohibit from receiving your Personal Information. When such prohibitions are not possible to provide our services to you, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this policy.
Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your Personal Information. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this policy.
Deletion. If you should wish to cease use of our websites and have your Personal Information deleted from our websites, then you may submit a request. Upon receipt of such a request for deletion, we will confirm receipt and will confirm once your Personal Information has been deleted. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
We do not sell your Personal Information. If we ever decide to sell Personal Information, we will update you via this Policy and include a link entitled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information,” to provide you with an opportunity to opt out of sales of your Personal Information.
In addition to our CCPA request form, you may also submit requests at the following toll-free telephone number: 833-590-1325.
If a California resident exercises his or her rights under California law, including the CCPA, we shall not discriminate against that California resident by denying our goods or services, charging different prices or rates to similarly situated consumers, providing a different level or quality of our goods or services, or taking any other adverse action.
Surveys & Contests
In addition to the personal information collection and use outlined above, from time to time, our websites will request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you may
choose whether to participate and, therefore, whether to disclose this information, which may include contact information (such as name and address) and demographic information (such as zip code). The contact information collected for the contests will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Contact and other information collected in connection with surveys will be used to monitor and improve the use of and satisfaction with the websites.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
Our websites do not use any spyware. We also do not tolerate spam. To report BraunAbility‑related spam or spoof emails to us, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BraunAbility takes reasonable measures to protect the information you provide to BraunAbility against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to BraunAbility, and you do so at your own risk. No Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Emails sent to BraunAbility may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.