Experience the BraunAbility Difference
When considering an accessible vehicle, remember what you can’t see matters. A good conversion is built on a solid foundation, with no shortcuts. When you choose BraunAbility, you'll understand why we’re Built to Trust.
The MOST Recommended Name in Mobility
- Voted #1 in overall quality, service & support, value for the dollar, brand reputation and likelihood to recommend1
- BraunAbility is chosen 8:1 by dealer service technicians as the brand they would buy for a family member
Quality, Safety, and Reliability – No Compromising!
- BraunAbility is #1 in Safety - Most certified wheelchair accessible vehicle manufacturer in the industry
- Certified by NMEDA’s Manufacturer Quality Assurance Program (MQAP)
- NEW OEM Tier-1 supplied parts and components in the conversion process
- No stretching or retrofitting wires and no cutting corners
- Spend your time on the road, not in the repair shop
Thoughtful Engineering – Designed for YOU, Our Customer
- Design engineers invest over 15,000 hours of thoughtful problem solving into each BraunAbility accessible vehicle, constantly improving and creating new solutions for our customers.
- Prototypes are reviewed by wheelchair users and mobility consultants to ensure everything from ramp angle to space behind the wheel is optimized for our customers and their families.
Please add openform-why-braun class to buttons to show this form.
Trust What’s Under the Hood - BraunAbility Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles are:
- Crash Tested - Industry-leading impact testing on our entire fleet of mobility products: MQAP, QAP, FMVSS 208: Occupant Crash Protection, FMVSS 301: Fuel System Integrity, FMVSS 214: Side Impact Protection
- Industry’s Only Fully Stainless Steel Exhaust System - Prevents rust and corrosion, secured and reinforced for function and service. Protected and mounted as far from the ground as possible for less exposure to everyday impacts.
- Custom-Made Fuel Lines and Hoses - New lines made to fit the wheelchair accessible floor with mating connections to fit the original manufacturers. Designed for maximum safety and performance over the total life of your vehicle.
- State-of-the-Art Brake Line System - New brake lines and fittings installed and properly routed for corrosion prevention and reliability.
- New Wiring and Connectors - No stretching or retrofitting wires and no cutting corners. New Tier-One sourced wiring harness with factory-original connectors.
Ralph Braun was just a boy in 1947 when doctors told him muscular dystrophy would soon rob him of his independence. It was a fate he refused to accept. He went on to invent the first battery-powered scooter, and later, converted an old postal jeep - complete with a wheelchair ramp and full hand-controls - into a vehicle that would give him the freedom he longed for.
Ralph’s amazing life was just the start of the BraunAbility story. We were founded by a man who refused to be defined by his limitations. Today, we continue Ralph’s mission of providing others the same freedom he fought for in his own life.
Click here to read Ralph's book, Rise Above.