Restoring Freedom For Loyal BraunAbility Customer
Doris Hutchins is many things, among them a very satisfied BraunAbility customer from Birmingham, Alabama.
Doris described herself as "quite limited" in her ability to enjoy life outside her home ten years ago. She requires the use of a wheelchair as well as an oxygen tank, so leaving the house required a lot of packing, unpacking, and planning.
Then a friend recommended she get in touch with her brother, the owner of Sylacauga Handicap, Inc. in Alabama who also happened to have muscular dystrophy. She visited the dealer and was especially impressed with the BraunAbility Side-Entry wheelchair van. A decade later she described her life as, "Free! Free! Free!" Doris was a three-time wheelchair accessible van owner, the last one a BraunAbility Chrysler Town and Country with a DVD system and leather seats, a vehicle she described as, quite simply, "The Ultimate!"
Doris especially appreciates the new independence her BraunAbility wheelchair van has brought to her life. She volunteers at her church three mornings a week and goes on regular shopping and dining trips. Her BraunAbility handicap vans have even taken her across the country on vacations, like a three-week trek from her home state of Alabama to California. "I even went on a trip to both rims of the Grand Canyon and on a trip across Canada," she said.
To keep up with her love of travel, Doris needs a wheelchair vehicle that is comfortable and dependable -- and she's found both in her BraunAbility wheelchair accessible vehicle. "We've had no problems with our vans, and they've certainly been very reliable and improved my independence," said Doris. "I pass along a big THANK YOU for the service you provide!"
Dorris sadly passed away in 2012. She was a loyal BraunAbility owner and a friend to many.
Other Owner Stories:
- Barbara's New Rampvan: Taking Delivery
- 309,000 Miles of Reliability
- Christmas for a Hurting Family - A Wheelchair Van
- Wheelchair Van Reliability Gets a Real World Test
- Wheelchair Marathoning: 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 weeks
- Wheelchair Van Donation Changes Kentucky Family's Lives
- A Rampvan for a Pharmacist and Her Service Dogs
- "Praise the Lowered?" Absolutely!
- Wheelchair Van Funding: Patience and Persistence Pay Off
- Paralyzed Coach Receives Wheelchair Van at Halftime
- Life Happens Together, Just Ask Lauren Gross
- Lacrosse Team Scores Big for a Deserving Family
- In the Company of Saints
- Restoring Freedom For Loyal BraunAbility Customer
- Family with Three Wheelchair Users Gets First Accessible Van
- Driving Freedom For a BraunAbility Customer
- First Entervan XT Owner is eXTra happy!
- Bravo for Brian and his Spirit of Ability
- Braun's Favorite Newlywed Shares Spinal Rehab Experience
- Active Quad Embraces Life
- Antonio Dowels, Local Hero, Receives His Van
- Josh Fugate's Owner Story
- Adam Gorlitsky
- Wheelchair Accessible Van is the Answer to Grandparents' Prayers
- Wheelchair Vans: Five and Counting!
- Zach Anner
- Young Customer Gives BraunAbility an A+ Grade
- Sam Schmidt: Mobility Visionary and Real-Life Superman
- Sam Schmidt to Help Unveil New Hand and Foot-Free Corvette
- Reveca Torres
- Third Spirit of Ability Recipient Honored in Toronto
- Tom Turner's More Than 30 Years of Friendship
- Spirit of Ability Winner Triumphs over SCI
- The Truth About Living with a Rare Disease
- Travis Roy
- Fishing and Wheelchair Vans
- Robin Allen
- Rachelle Chapman
- My Road to Driving Independence
- Mother With a Disability Finds Hope in Two Disabled Sons
- Meet Spirit of Ability Award Winner Barry Munro
- Neural Prosthetics Got Her On Her Feet Again
- Mike Delancey
- Jason Gerling, The Wheelchair Drummer: Part 2
- Jason Gerling, The Wheelchair Drummer: Part 1