First Comes Love, Then Comes Mobility
Like a marriage, the purchase of a wheelchair van for an individual or family can be a life-changing event that requires work and dedication over the course of its life to ensure a rewarding relationship. The stages of buying a new accessible wheelchair van are really pretty similar to those of a marriage.
Your Relationship With Your Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle
The Dating Period
You're probably "playing the field" at this stage of the game. Maybe you've had a crush on a specific brand or style of accessible vehicle for a while now, but you're still considering other options. As you settle in on the best choice for you, several questions will come up: What qualities are most important to you? What options fit your lifestyle best? What considerations do you need to make for your family? A little research on our website and some test drives at your local BraunAbility dealership will help determine which vehicle fits your needs and personality best. While you're at it, find out what the rest of town is saying about us by following BraunAbility on our Facebook page!
By now, you're most likely head over heels. Even if you can't possibly imagine a more perfect match, it's a good idea to go through some "pre-marital counseling" to learn tips that will get you through the rough patches in your relationship. That's where your BraunAbility dealer comes in -- he or she can give you a heads up on how you can get the most satisfaction out of your relationship with your van -- the best maintenance practices to commit to, for example, and advice to keep in mind in case of emergency situations.
The Wedding Day
No doubt it's an emotional day filled with some jitters and a lot of excitement. When the keys finally exchange hands, you've officially committed to a long-term relationship! Is it worth the cost of the investment? The answer is "yes" of course...if you're buying BraunAbility and have done your research during the first two stages.
A major benefit to your marriage with your BraunAbility vehicle? No anniversary gifts required! However, it's a good idea to schedule regular anniversary "dates" for maintenance checks and to keep in touch with your BraunAbility dealer. We all need a little time to ourselves to relax, recharge and recommit -- that's exactly what maintenance routines do for our vehicles. Just a little consideration and respect goes a long way...ask anyone who's been married at least 25 years!
OK, so maybe the purchase of a mobility vehicle is a little less significant than marriage, but it's still a life-changing event. Taking the time to become an educated consumer and putting a little time and effort into your vehicle will ensure your satisfaction over its lifetime. And if you ever need advice about your relationship, remember you've got a team of BraunAbility mobility experts to back you up. We're here for you!
Like that article? Check out 6 Feelings You Have When Buying a New Wheelchair Van!
Other Service and Maintenance Articles:
- 3 Tips to Finding Wheelchair Replacement Parts
- 5 Signs a Vehicle Can Be Made Wheelchair Accessible
- 5 Tips to Get Your Accessible Vehicle Summer Ready
- A Guide to Wheelchair Van Maintenance
- BraunAbility Dealer Provides Incredible Service
- BraunAbility Traverse vs. Ford Explorer MXV
- Car Detailing for Personal Wheelchair Van
- Dealer Delivers Dream Vehicle, Friendship
- Do You Plug in a Toyota Hybrid Wheelchair Van?
- First Comes Love, Then Comes Mobility
- Get the Most From Your Van
- How Does Your Handicap Van Maintenance Rank
- How to Avoid Wheelchair Lift Problems
- How to Protect and Repair Wheelchair Vans from Flood Damage
- How Your Mobility Dealer Manages Your Accessible Vehicle Maintenance
- Mobility Dealer Earns Time Dealer of the Year Distinction
- Online Mobility Seller Pitfalls
- Protecting Battery Life in Your Accessible Vehicle
- Quick Tips to Winterize an Accessible Vehicle
- The Basics for New Wheelchair Lift Owners