Other Service and Maintenance Articles:
- Quick Tips to Winterize an Accessible Vehicle
- Wheelchair Van Parts
- How to Avoid Wheelchair Lift Problems
- BraunAbility Dealer Provides Incredible Service
- How Your Mobility Dealer Manages Your Accessible Vehicle Maintenance
- Dealer Delivers Dream Vehicle, Friendship
- Tips for Maintaining Your Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle
- A Guide to Wheelchair Van Maintenance
- How to Protect and Repair Wheelchair Vans from Flood Damage
- Do You Plug in a Toyota Hybrid Wheelchair Van?
- What Is a Hybrid Car and Can It Be Wheelchair Accessible?
- BraunAbility Traverse vs. Ford Explorer MXV
- 5 Signs a Vehicle Can Be Made Wheelchair Accessible
- 3 Tips to Finding Wheelchair Replacement Parts
- Car Detailing for Personal Wheelchair Van
- 5 Tips to Get Your Accessible Vehicle Summer Ready
- Wheelchair Van Dealer Service - Training Our Technicians & Keeping You Moving!
- First Comes Love, Then Comes Mobility
- Getting the Most Value From Your Van
- Mobility Dealer Earns Time Dealer of the Year Distinction
Wheelchair Van Maintenance Tips
How Do I Get Maintenance On My Wheelchair Van?
Now that you've just taken your wheelchair van home, you're faced with a new problem: how are you supposed to maintain your vehicle? Do you have to schedule two vehicle maintenance appointments for the life of the wheelchair van?
In fact, BraunAbility makes it easy to keep up with your wheelchair van maintenance by training our massive dealer and technician network to sell and service our vehicles. And because BraunAbility offers 24/7 roadside assistance, you can always reach us when you need us. When you are ready for your six, 12, 18-month check up and beyond, call your local dealer and we take care of the rest, everything from the original vehicle inspection to the accessible BraunAbility conversion.
Remembering to Schedule Wheelchair Van Maintenance Is Easy as C-A-R:
Calendar - Mark your calendar for the next time your vehicle is due for its routine maintenance.
Anticipate - Look ahead in your calendar so that you remember to make your maintenance appointment.
Repeat - Do the above steps every six months.
It sounds simple, but taking the time to maintain your vehicle will not only help keep your wheelchair van from breaking down but will also help to save you money in the long run. Keeping up with wheelchair van maintenance can really protect the money you have invested in your accessible vehicle. Savvy consumers do not neglect vehicle maintenance and neither should you. So remember to schedule wheelchair van maintenance for your BraunAbility van today!
Maintenance Helps Protect Your Wheelchair Van
Many people consider vehicle maintenance to be a necessary evil. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to protect your investment and save money. Vehicle maintenance should be a top priority for any vehicle owner, especially those with wheelchair vans.
All vehicle owners should keep up with a couple of universal maintenance tasks.
- Oil should be changed approximately every 3,000 miles or every 3 months, whichever occurs first.
- Tires need to be rotated roughly every 6,000 miles to promote their longevity.
Conversion vehicles require even more vigilant maintenance than ordinary vehicles and regular wheelchair van maintenance is a proactive and preventative measure to keep it in tip-top shape. For the millions of people who use wheelchairs for mobility, a wheelchair accessible van often becomes your main main mode of transportation. When it isn't performing correctly, there aren't many accessible alternatives and standard vehicles are out of the question. As a result, it's even more important to be proactive in maintaining a BraunAbility wheelchair van.
Routine wheelchair van maintenance consists of the following:
- Checking the vehicle's battery
- Cleaning and sealing battery terminals
- Checking door and ramp fasteners and hardware for tightness
- Lubricating the hinge and pivot points
- Cleaning lower door channel
- Lubricating door slides and rollers
- Checking tire pressure and inflate tires
- Test door, ramp, and kneel systems to make sure it's working properly
Preventative Maintenance Tips for Wheelchair Van Owners
What can you be doing between maintenance appointments to ensure your BraunAbility wheelchair van has a long and happy life? Visit this page for tips on how to keep your vehicle clean and running smoothly between appointments.