Other Disability Rights Articles:
- ADA Compliance in Schools & Education
- Wheelchair Van or Handicap Van?
- What Does ADA Stand For?
- Wheelchair Ramp Slope
- Movies & Documentaries Starring People with Disabilities
- The ADA and The Spirit of Self-Advocacy
- ADA Parking Requirements
- 3D Handicap Parking Spaces
- Treatments for Cerebral Palsy
- What Is A Paralympian?
- Handicap Parking Campaign - Save My Spot
- Increasing Your Diabetes Awareness: How to Spot and Treat Early Symptoms
- Disability Etiquette Do's and Dont's
- BraunAbility Employee Cycles Across America
- What are Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)?
BraunAbility Receives National Disability Award - Disability Matters
BraunAbility Wins Disability Matters Award
Please allow us to toot our own horn for a moment...Last week, BraunAbility had the honor of being the first automotive mobility company to receive the Disability Matters Marketplace Award. We joined the ranks of Best Buy, Cisco, Proctor & Gamble, AMC Theatres and Alaska Airlines as corporations with successful programs and initiatives focused on serving the disability community.
Springboard Consulting presented the award to representatives from BraunAbility during last week's award ceremony in San Jose, and stated that Braun has shown "an extensive commitment" tohelp their customers achieve more complete life experiences through its exceptional engineering of wheelchair vans and wheelchair lifts.
"It's a tremendous honor," said Greg Cook, Braun's Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "This is a reminder that the passion and vision of our founder, Ralph Braun, continues to be reflected in every aspect of our business. Our products have helped enhance the lives of thousands of customers over the course of nearly 50 years, and we're looking forward to continuing to produce the best mobility products in the industry."
The Disability Matters Awards Conference was founded in 2007 by Nadine Vogel, President of Springboard Consulting. Nadine's goal in creating this most important event was to recognize and guide companies in the development of strategies and synergies that are inclusive of people with disabilities.