Other Disability Rights Articles:
- Increasing Your Diabetes Awareness: How to Spot and Treat Early Symptoms
- ADA Compliance in Schools & Education
- Disability Etiquette Do's and Dont's
- Wheelchair Van or Handicap Van?
- BraunAbility Employee Cycles Across America
- What is the Proper Wheelchair Ramp Slope Measurement?
- What are Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)?
- How to Interact with People with Disabilities
- What to Know About Mobility Awareness Month
- How To Talk to Your Child About Their Disabilities
- What Are Social Awareness Skills and Why Learning Them
- Brain Injury Awareness Month: The Role of Assistive Technologies
- What Is A Paralympian? History, Definition and Meaning
- 4 Things to Remember During Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
- Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month: How to Support Someone With CP
BraunAbility Receives National Disability Award - Disability Matters
BraunAbility Wins Disability Matters Award
Please allow us to toot our own horn for a moment...Last week, BraunAbility had the honor of being the first automotive mobility company to receive the Disability Matters Marketplace Award. We joined the ranks of Best Buy, Cisco, Proctor & Gamble, AMC Theatres and Alaska Airlines as corporations with successful programs and initiatives focused on serving the disability community.
Springboard Consulting presented the award to representatives from BraunAbility during last week's award ceremony in San Jose, and stated that Braun has shown "an extensive commitment" tohelp their customers achieve more complete life experiences through its exceptional engineering of wheelchair vans and wheelchair lifts.
"It's a tremendous honor," said Greg Cook, Braun's Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "This is a reminder that the passion and vision of our founder, Ralph Braun, continues to be reflected in every aspect of our business. Our products have helped enhance the lives of thousands of customers over the course of nearly 50 years, and we're looking forward to continuing to produce the best mobility products in the industry."
The Disability Matters Awards Conference was founded in 2007 by Nadine Vogel, President of Springboard Consulting. Nadine's goal in creating this most important event was to recognize and guide companies in the development of strategies and synergies that are inclusive of people with disabilities.