Wheelchair Van Financing
from the Most Trusted Name in Mobility
BraunAbility is here to help you find a vehicle that fits you, fits your lifestyle, and last but certainly not least, fits your budget window.
Affording a wheelchair accessible vehicle can seem out of reach at first glance. Let us help you get started. Click here to download the BraunAbility Financing and Funding Guide to explore your financing options and funding resources at both state and national levels. Whether you’re just getting started or you’re ready to buy, we’re here for you every step of the way.
Wheelchair Van Financing in 1, 2, 3…
- 1. Apply Online
Our secure online process is just a click away and can be done at home or at the dealer. You will need to have ready 1) your credit information and 2) your written sales estimate for the vehicle you’ve selected from the mobility dealer. The wheelchair van dealer should also estimate any additional equipment like hand controls, power assist, etc. as these can typically be included in your loan.
- 2. Same Day Approval
Once the online application is received, BraunAbility Finance will work with a variety of finance sources to provide term and rate options – in less than 60 minutes. Our mission is to provide options that fit your budget window. Advocating on your behalf with the finance sources to provide the best solution is our priority.
- 3. Sign Documents
BraunAbility Finance will work directly with the BraunAbility wheelchair van dealer to provide all the necessary documents, so you can simply sign and drive away in your new BraunAbility wheelchair accessible vehicle.
How to Qualify for Wheelchair Van Financing
Before you begin shopping, it’s important to assess your budget and determine what you can reasonably afford. And, just like with unconverted vehicles, there are requirements to qualify for a loan on a new or used wheelchair accessible vehicle.
How to qualify:
1. Down Payment – Most banks will require a down payment of at least 10% at time of purchase. If your credit scores are low (subprime), be prepared for them to request a larger down payment.
2. Monthly Payment – What monthly payment can you afford? Here’s a simple way to estimate. Multiple your gross monthly income by 36%. Your total monthly expenses should not exceed this amount.
- Example: Gross monthly income $5000 multiplied by 36% = $1800
- $1800 minus current monthly obligations = amount available for a monthly vehicle payment.
3. Credit Score – A good credit history can significantly lower your loan’s interest rate. Obtain a copy of your score early in your shopping research, so you can plan time to build it up if necessary. The definitions of prime and subprime credit are to the right. Improving even from Deep subprime to Nonprime could cut your interest rate in half.
Is Here for You
With nearly 100 years of financing experience collectively, the BraunAbility Finance Team is the only dedicated financing service from a mobility manufacturer. financing service designed specifically for wheelchair accessible vehicles. Traditional banks and credit unions typically only finance the vehicle chassis, not the mobility conversion you need.
We’re here to help. When you’re ready, please feel free to email, chat online, or call us at (844) 498-9800 or start with our wheelchair van FAQs.
Wheelchair Van Financing and Funding Resources