Wheelchair Van & Vehicle Rental FAQs
As a NMEDA QAP-certified dealer, BraunAbility offers rental wheelchair accessible vehicles at each of its North American locations. Whether traveling out of town for vacation or business or needing temporary transportation due to injury or special event, BraunAbility has a fleet of rental wheelchair accessible vehicles to meet your needs.
Here, you’ll find some of the most common questions first-time wheelchair van rental customers ask.
Can I Get a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle at the Airport?
In some cases for an extra fee, you can have a wheelchair accessible vehicle delivered to the airport to pick up when you land. Enjoy your time on your trip with ease and when you are ready to return, simply leave the vehicle at the same drop off point.
- Available in most major cities
- Ask your dealer about delivery costs
Where Does the Wheelchair User Sit in a Rental Vehicle?
When you reserve your rental vehicle, the mobility dealer will ask you where you would like the wheelchair user to ride in the vehicle. In some cases, the front driver or front passenger seat can be removed to accommodate a wheelchair user and necessary wheelchair securements.
- Sit in the front or second row in a wheelchair
- Ask your dealer about hand controls
What Kind of Wheelchair Vehicle Will I
Get With My Rental?
Dealer inventory is different across the country. In most cases, your wheelchair accessible vehicle will be what is called a side-entry vehicle. In this vehicle design, the ramp extends out of the rear passenger sliding door and will either be a foldout or infloor ramp design.
- Side-entry and rear-entry vehicles types available
- Foldout or infloor ramp styles available
- BraunAbility conversions are consistently ranked first among mobility vehicle technicians. Your BraunAbility wheelchair van rental is inspected and fine-tuned after every rental to ensure a quality ride.
How is a Wheelchair User Secured in a Wheelchair Van?
All rental wheelchair vans come with what are called “tie-downs” which are situated in each corner of the wheelchair and ratchet to give a secure riding experience for the occupant. Your BraunAbility mobility dealer will work with you to train you on how to operate the tie-downs ahead of taking your vehicle off the lot.
- One-on-one training of tie-down system
- Can be installed in the middle row or front row, depending on your unique needs
Can I Rent a Wheelchair Vehicle and
Pick It Up the Same Day?
Often, because of the low availability of wheelchair vehicles at any given dealership, a vehicle will need to be reserved in advance of the rental period requested, especially if the requested time period is a holiday.
- Rentals for holidays should be secured a month or more in advance
Who Can I Call For Help During My Handicap Van Rental Period?
When you rent a BraunAbility vehicle, you are automatically backed by a whole sales team and technicians that provide 24/7 service to our customers. If you need help, simply call 1-888-365-9417. We can help troubleshoot any problems you may be experiencing or help walk you through any aspect of the conversion that you may be forgetting.
- 24/7 service, similar to AAA services
- Repair service available at any BraunAbility dealership across the country
How Much Does it Cost to Rent a Handicap Van?
BraunAbility wheelchair van rentals are an affordable alternative to medical transport vehicles. In most cases, medical transport vans cost the customer hundreds of dollars for a single trip while most rentals are available for just over $100/day and specials are available for weekend or long-term rental.
- Ask your dealer about rental specials
- Wheelchair van rentals are available for long-term rental