Uncompromising Commitment to Safety
The National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) awards conversion companies with exceptional quality, performance and reliability metrics with the Quality Assurance Program accreditation. Through this program, BraunAbility maintains certified vehicle technicians, up-to-date tooling, passes an annual audit, and adherence to a series of rules and guidelines to protect our customers' safety.
In addition to the QAP Certification, BraunAbility also maintains the MQAP Certification. This standard ensures products manufactured and distributed by NMEDA Manufacturer members either meet or exceed current government safety requirements. All NMEDA Manufacturers who participate and hold the MQAP accreditation are held to extremely high standards of consumer safety and product quality. This includes:
- Submitting applicable federal safety standard compliance data to NMEDA
- Show compliance with the California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- Maintain liability insurance to protect the consumer and manufacturer
- Provide 24-hour service for all products sold
- Provide detailed operation instructions
- Develop and maintain a documented certification training program for mobility dealers
Accreditation is renewed annually and can apply to both Type 1 Vehicle Manufacturers and Type 2 Component or Equipment Manufacturers, including seating systems, lifts, and securement systems.