BraunAbility B&D Transfer Seat
Your Vehicle Seat With Transfer Seat Built-In Technology
The BraunAbility B&D Transfer Seat utilizes the original vehicle driver or front passenger seat to give you 180-degree turning power, making transfers in your lowered-floor wheelchair accessible vehicle or full-size van easier. Using a pendant or control box, the Transfer Seat Base turns toward the center of your lowered-floor accessible vehicle to allow for comfortable and safe transfers into the driver or front passenger seat.
The Transfer Seat Base is compatible and safety-tested on most wheelchair accessible vehicles on the market and as such, often requires no additional drilling into the vehicle floor, leaving the second-row area open for wheelchair storage and other passenger mobility. The chair can also be driven from any chair position for optimal comfort.
Transfer Seat Specifications
- Travel Horizontal: 17.5”
- Travel Vertical: 6.25”
- Swivel: 100°
- Weight Capacity: 500 lbs (Occupant)
- Length: 36.25″
- Width: 13″
- Down Height: 7.25″
BraunAbility B&D Transfer Seat Base Features:
- Driver or front passenger position
- Utilizes original vehicle seat while maintaining seat functions
- Transfer Seat Base mounts to the original mounting holes and “L” track system. Does not require extra drilling on most applications
- Second-row seating area remains open
- Can be driven in any up/down position
- Can be driven up to 4” back from the full forward position
- Adjustable rotation speed
- Design conceals scissor legs for owner safety and appearance
- Choice of side-mounted switchbox, coiled cord handheld pendant, or both
- Includes a 3-year limited warranty (3-year parts/1-year labor)
- Additional controller (
switchboxor handheld pendant)
- 180-degree swivel
- Custom colors (black, light gray, charcoal, or tan)
Passive Interlock Safety System
The built-in Passive Interlock ensures the Comfort Transfer Seat Base is returned to the standard driving position every time after
Comfort Transfer Seat Base Maintenance and Manual
After your Comfort Transfer Seat Base installation, your BraunAbility mobility consultant will schedule a follow-up appointment to assess and make any needed adjustments to the product for your comfort. From there, it is recommended that you maintain regular maintenance on your seat base every six months – the same recommended maintenance plan for BraunAbility wheelchair accessible vehicles and lifts.
See more features and details on the Comfort Transfer Seat Base by downloading the owner's manual on our Manuals page.
Please add openform-generic-contact class to buttons to show this form.