BraunAbility® Rear-Entry Dodge Wheelchair Minivan
Flexible Mobility Solutions from BraunAbility
We get it: downtime is expensive. That’s why BraunAbility specializes in designing accessible vehicles that are up to the challenge of tough, real-world use in your transit fleet. With a number of floorplan options and ambulatory seating configurations, you’ll have the flexibility to meet all of your customers’ needs.
BraunAbility has a proven track record of producing economical and dependable commercial vehicles designed to keep you up and running day after day, year after year, and the BraunAbility Rear-Entry Dodge Minivan is no different. It features multiple lowered floor configurations and flexible seating to accommodate ambulatory passengers and wheelchair users. A rear-entry vehicle’s low-angle ramp makes it easy to access the interior through the rear hatch. The unique design of this mobility upgrade makes it possible to use standard parking spaces when accessible parking is unavailable.
Each wheelchair van includes a standard floor-track and belt system that secures the wheelchair for transit. An optional retractable belt system is versatile and convenient. Independent users can even elect to have an automatic tie-down installed.
Safety has always been a top priority at BraunAbility. The Dodge Commercial Rear-Entry conversion has been crash tested and certified to meet or exceed all applicable requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS).
- FTA Buy America Compliant
- ADA, FMVSS and CMVSS Compliant
- Meets/exceeds Altoona test requirements
- CARB approved
- 56" door opening
- 96-1/2" long x 33-1/4" wide floor
- 34" wide manual ramp
- Remount OEM quad seats - Flip & Fold
- 2nd-row false floor filler
- ADA commercial flooring throughout
- Wheelchair securement straps - Slide-n-Click QRT w/ Lap & Shoulder Restraints
- Transmission interlock
- ADA ramp lighting mounted on the rear hatch
- Emergency Exit release mechanism and sticker on the rear hatch
- Backup alarm
- MPG 17.8 (based on 10% highway / 90% city mix)
- Side-impact airbags
- Short floor (lowered aft of second-row seats)
- Aftermarket bucket seats in the second-row
- Aftermarket second-row three-passenger bench seat
- Aftermarket third-row two-passenger folding bench seat
- Vinyl covers for OEM seats
- DOT kit
- An additional set of tie-down straps