Wheelchair Van Rentals
Rent a BraunAbility vehicle for any occasion, from the everyday to special events.
BraunAbility mobility dealers offer wheelchair van rentals for daily, weekly, or monthly time periods. Each dealership will have a range of rental options and availability flexes based on demand. If you know you will need accessible transportation from an airport, to make a doctor’s appointment, or would like to experience a BraunAbility vehicle firsthand before purchase, call your local dealer and book early to secure a vehicle of limited rental fleets.
Things to Consider with Wheelchair Van Rentals
- Ensure You Have Full-Coverage Insurance: Unlike standard rental car companies, accessible vehicle rentals are not self-insured. You will need to call your insurance provider and ask for your limits to ensure you are able to rent a vehicle. Without full-coverage, you may be denied rental service.
- Check Availability: Some dealer locations may only have one or two handicap van rentals and all appointments are made on a first-come, first-served basis. If you know you will need a vehicle for a specific time, be sure to reserve it early on.
- Check for Deals: Some dealers may have rental specials depending on the time of year. Ask about any promotions that may be running when you look at wheelchair van rentals.
- Check Dimensions: As with all adaptive equipment, you will want to make sure that your accessible vehicle rental will accommodate you and your wheelchair comfortably. Ask your driver for door height and width before renting.
- Check Seating Capacity: Accessible minivans are only equipped to carry five to six passengers. If you know you’ll be traveling with more people, ask your dealer about a full-size vehicle with a lift.
- Ask About Rent-to-Own Program: Your dealer may have a program that will take your rental payment and put it toward the purchase of a vehicle later on.
- Note the Mileage Included in Your Rental Period: Daily, weekly, and monthly rental periods may have varying mileage limits. Be sure you know how far you will be traveling per day to avoid overage fees.
- Ask About Aftermarket Driving Equipment: Some handicap van rentals will offer hand controls to allow wheelchair users to drive themselves. Ask about any aftermarket driving equipment at the time of rental.
When to Rent a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle
- Entertaining a Guest with a Physical Disability: When your guest comes to visit, show them around in style and with ease with a BraunAbility vehicle. Without the need to rely on public transportation, you can travel together in your community.
- Taking Relatives Out of an Extended-Care Facility: For family members with low mobility or some paralysis, a BraunAbility daily rental would make visits easier when going out for lunch or to meet with other friends in town.
- Temporary Disability: If you had an accident that has left you temporarily in need of mobility aids, a BraunAbility rental would be ideal to maintain your independence as you continue to heal.
- Occasional Appointments: If you have a permanent physical disability but don’t have the means to purchase your own vehicle, wheelchair van rentals will allow you to maintain your obligations without a monthly vehicle payment.
BraunAbility: The Most Trusted Name in Mobility
BraunAbility was built on a commitment to quality, safety and innovation. With over 200 dealer locations around the U.S., there’s an experienced mobility professional close by for whatever your mobility needs may be. We’re committed to get you where you want to go — today and tomorrow.
Handicap Vans for Sale and Rent in 200+ Locations
A vast dealer network spanning the U.S. and Canada means BraunAbility mobility consultants are available in every corner of the country to provide exceptional service. Call your local dealer today to learn about their rental program and see how BraunAbility wheelchair van rentals can impact your life.