Posted July 2018
The controller for purposes of this policy is The Braun Corporation, 631 W. 11th St., Winamac, IN 46996.
- What personal data is collected from you through the websites, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. How you can request access to, correct any inaccuracies in, or request deletion of the personal data collected.
You can browse the websites without providing us any personal data. However, if you want to use certain features of the websites, you may be asked to provide certain personal data so that we can respond to your request or provide you information, such as name, address, email address, and phone number. For example, BraunAbility may collect the following personal data from you:
- Newsletters: You can sign up for our newsletter by providing us your name and email address.
- Chat: You can use our chat service to inquire about products and services. We may collect your name, email, and other contact information in order to respond to your inquiries.
- Email or Text Inquiries: If you email or text regarding our product services, we may collect your name, address, email address, and cell phone number along with information that can assist us in determining the right product for you.
- Surveys: From time to time, we may request users or customers to complete surveys on our websites regarding their experience using the websites and our products. These surveys may request certain personal data such as name, email, product needs and other demographic data. The information is used to improve our products and services. Such surveys are completely voluntary.
- Job Applications: You can apply for a job with Braun through the websites. Our online job application requests your name, address, email, resident and cell phone number, ethnicity, age, whether you have been convicted of a crime, educational background, military experience, persons you know working at Braun, prior positions applied for, your employment history, and whether you have any disabilities. This information is used by Braun to process your job application.
- Lead Forms and Downloads: If you fill out a lead form on our website or wish to download content from one of our websites, we may request your name, email address, phone number, address, or zip code.
We will use the personal data we collect from you in accordance with this policy.
We may also collect certain information from you automatically whenever you visit the websites. For example, we may collect your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address (which can allow us to identify your zip code); your mobile device ID; the length of time you visit our websites; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our websites. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Our Use of Your Information
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We use your information to respond to inquiries, to provide products and services to you, and to process and fulfill orders. For example, if you provide us with your name and email address and tell us that you purchased a certain model of a BraunAbility vehicle that you are having problems with, we will use that information to respond to you to address those problems.
We use your information to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our websites.
We use your information to better understand how users access and use our websites, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our websites and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
Where required by applicable law, we rely on a number of legal grounds for the processing of your personal data. For example, we may collect personal data as necessary for the performance of a contract you and BraunAbility are a party to, or in order for BraunAbility to take steps, at your request, prior to entering into a contract, such as the purchase of our products and services or the processing of warranty claims. BraunAbility is not able to provide our services and products according to contracts unless you provide us with necessary personal information.
We may also process your information if we have received your consent, in response to requests from you or for the legitimate interest of BraunAbility, such as for marketing purposes or to otherwise inform you of our business operations, and to improve our products and services and websites. Please note that if we rely on consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time, but such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the withdrawal. These grounds are applicable to job applicants, customers and potential customers, our business partners, distributors, and suppliers.
How We Share Your Information
Job application information is shared with our human resources departments and hiring managers within the department or division for which you have applied.
If required by law, we may disclose your personal data to law enforcement agencies or government or regulatory bodies. We may also disclose your personal data if necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights of others, or in response to legal process.
We may also share your data with other companies in the BraunAbility group, such as owners and subsidiaries, and with our partners and dealers, in order to fulfill requests from you—for example, to refer you to a dealer in your country, or in order to fulfill our contractual obligations with you. We may also disclose your personal information to the same category of recipients to fulfill our undertakings in a business relationship. Should we sell or transfer all or part of our assets to a third party, we reserve the right to transfer your necessary personal data as well, and we will make reasonable efforts to provide you with advance notification of such a transfer.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may contact us about the personal information that we have collected from you, via the email address or phone number given on our websites. When you contact us, you can:
• Learn what data we have collected about you from our websites.
• Change or correct any website data we hold about you.
• Opt out of any marketing emails that we send to you.
• Erase your personal data from our records, in the event grounds for erasure applies according to applicable privacy law.
• Restrict our processing of personal data, in the event grounds for such restriction applies according to applicable privacy law.
• Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a commonly used and machine-readable format, if you have the right to such data according to applicable privacy law.
For your protection, we will ask you for proof of your identity before making your personal data available to you. We may have to keep certain information required by law and/or for our own legitimate business purposes.
Our websites may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our websites and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
No Use by Children
BraunAbility’s websites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We will never knowingly collect information directly from children under the age of 18 without verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use the websites, and please do not provide us with information of any kind whatsoever. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 18 and has submitted information to the websites without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files and deactivate his or her account. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from a child under the age of 18, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
United States Operation
Ongoing Processing and Retention of Your Information
We will process your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with an existing and binding legal contract between BraunAbility and you, or to comply with the law. We will further process your data for the period of time in which BraunAbility has a legitimate interest to process your data, and this interest outweighs your interest or fundamental rights and freedoms, for the purposes of marketing and information of our business operations, or until you inform us according to your rights above. If you have previously given consent to us to process your personal data, we will delete the relevant information upon notification of your withdrawal of that consent.
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request certain information from a business with which the California resident has an established business relationship. This includes information related to the personal information disclosed by BraunAbility to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one such request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to:
631 W. 11th St.
Winamac, IN 46996
Surveys & Contests
In addition to the personal data collection and use outlined above, from time to time, our websites will request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you may choose whether to participate and, therefore, whether to disclose this information, which may include contact information (such as name and address) and demographic information (such as zip code). The contact information collected for the contests will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Contact and other information collected in connection with surveys will be used to monitor and improve the use of and satisfaction with the websites.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
Our websites do not use any spyware. We also do not tolerate spam. To report BraunAbility‑related spam or spoof emails to us, please forward the email to email@example.com.
BraunAbility takes reasonable measures to protect the information you provide to BraunAbility against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to BraunAbility, and you do so at your own risk. No Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Emails sent to BraunAbility may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
If you are located in the EU/EEA, you can also file a complaint with the relevant data protection agency.
Posted July 2018