When you make a big purchase, you want to make sure that you get value for every single cent you spent. With a purchase like a wheelchair-accessible vehicle, there is a big need for value. The ability that comes from one of these vehicles is a huge value already, but our vehicles are also made to last, ensuring that you do get your money’s worth.
Life does happen, however, so how can we help to make sure you get every penny’s worth out of your van? We have five tips to help you get the most out of your vehicle, no matter what.
1. Use It – Letting a vehicle sit around can be just as harmful as excessive use. So many times owners of a three-year-old wheelchair van with under 10,000 miles on it needs new tires or hoses or gaskets, all due to dry rot. Keeping your vehicle on the move helps slow down corrosion.
2. Regular Maintenance – Keeping up with your scheduled maintenance is as important to your conversion as oil is to your engine. A good mobility dealer will look into proper lubricants, alignment, and most important, upgrades.
3. Find a Service Facility You Trust – Don’t go to just any service facility. Trust your instincts. If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. We’ve always been advocates of keeping your mobility product with a certified mobility dealer, but we recommend holding your service facility to task on quality repairs.
4. Understand Your Manual Overrides – Let’s face it, problems will occur. Whether it’s a mechanical problem or a minor accident, you need to know how to handle the situation. Your wheelchair accessible vehicle is equipped with manual overrides to allow you to deploy the ramp when there’s a mechanical problem. Knowing how to use that system will make the difference between a minor inconvenience and a complete frustration.
5. Trade It! – Spending money on any vehicle is inevitable, whether on repairs or a loan payment. Money is best spent on maintaining the value of your possession. One way to do this is by trading in your mobility vehicle for a newer product while the value is still high, instead of just driving it into the ground. If staying mobile is the name of the game, try to do it in a reliable, warranted vehicle.
We put our hearts into our vehicles, and we want our products to serve our clients every need. Even once it leaves our dealer’s lots, we are dedicated to getting you the value you paid for. If our tips above aren’t enough, call your local BraunAbility dealer, or contact us at Customer Support: 1-800-488-0359.